South Vermillion High School challenges each student to reach his/her potential. A connected and integrated program involving teachers, students, family, and community members promotes high level skill development, critical thinking, and problem solving while fostering intellectual, social, physical, and emotional growth.
South Vermillion High School is a model school. In fulfilling SVHS’s vision of excellence, the school will:
- provide a safe and inviting educational environment.
- recruit and retain a highly qualified staff who use a variety of instructional methodologies to meet the needs of all learners.
- employ all available resources to communicate to all stakeholders.
- make curricular and instructional decisions based upon available research and data.
- demonstrate respect for themselves and others.
- use technology in authentic situations and become global citizens.
- think critically and become lifelong learners.
- actively engage in their learning and become self-directed learners.
- work with educators to ensure that the student reaches his/her potential.
- support student accountability in the areas of achievement and behavior.
- set high expectations for their students.
The community will:
- advocate for the school by supporting its mission and vision.
- establish and maintain strong links between business and education through programs such as internships, shadowing, service learning, sponsorships, and classroom visitations expect that students be prepared for productive employment and effective